This knife is designed to serve as a small, light weight companion to a larger chopper such as an axe or machete. It is also a good option for women and children. The Scandinavian grind allows for deep, powerful, and precise cuts through wood, making it ideal for bushcraft and fire preparation activities. The blade profile is short to give improved precision and control throughout the gently sweeping belly. The handle geometry is optimized to be comfortable and secure in a saber, modified saber, and choked up grip with little to no extra room for your hand to walk along the handle profile. The butt of the handle is rounded to allow for a comfortable area to strike with the palm of your hand when stabbing or creating split wood fires. The size and contours of the handle should allow a loose, yet powerful, grip with no sharp corners or hot spots to reduce hand fatigue over extended periods of moderate to heavy use. This model is 8 1/4″ and has a 3 1/2″ blade length.
Mini Woodlore Pricing
$225 is the base price for for a Mini Woodlore with simple pins, a 1/4″ lanyard tube, and bead blasted canvas micarta handles. Upgrades are available at the costs listed.
- Tapered Tang $75
- Handle Material Upgrade $25+, depending on the cost of the materials
- Bolster $25
- Loveless/Corby Bolts $5 each
- Mosaic Pins $10 each
- Mosaic Lanyard Tube $20
- Thin Liners $10 each
- 1/8″ Thick Liners $15 each
- Kydex Sheath with Hardware $25
- Custom Fit Leather Sheath $50
- Tooling on Leather Sheath $30
- Removable Dangler Loop with Removable D-Ring on Leather Sheath $20
- Double Row Stitching on Leather Sheath $25