This knife is designed to serve as the ideal, general-purpose outdoorsman’s knife. It is my most versatile knife design. The blade profile has a large, gentle sweep along the belly to work well in food preparation and cleaning game animals. The blade is made from 1/4″ stock and is given a distal taper to improve precision and slicing along the tip and strength closer to the handle. In order to reduce weight, the tang of the knife is skeletonized to the maximum amount possible without sacrificing durability. The handle geometry is optimized to be comfortable and secure in a variety of the most useful grips. The butt of the handle is rounded to allow for a comfortable area to strike with the palm of your hand when stabbing or creating split wood fires. The size and contours of the handle should allow a loose, yet powerful, grip with no sharp corners or hot spots to reduce hand fatigue over extended periods of heavy use. It is 9″ in overall length with a 4 1/8″ cutting edge.
$275 is the base price for for a Woodsman with simple pins, a 1/4″ lanyard tube, and bead blasted canvas micarta handles. Upgrades are available at the costs listed.
- Tapered Tang $75
- Handle Material Upgrade $25+, depending on the cost of the materials
- Bolster $25
- Loveless/Corby Bolts $5 each
- Mosaic Pins $10 each
- Mosaic Lanyard Tube $20
- Thin Liners $10 each
- 1/8″ Thick Liners $15 each
- Kydex Sheath with Hardware $25
- Custom Fit Leather Sheath $50
- Tooling on Leather Sheath $30
- Removable Dangler Loop with Removable D-Ring on Leather Sheath $20
- Double Row Stitching on Leather Sheath $25