This knife is designed to serve as a general-purpose outdoorsman’s knife. The pattern is inspired by the work of the world-renowned survival instructor Mors Kochanski. The traditional Scandinavian grind allows for deep, powerful, and precise cuts through wood making it ideal for bushcraft and fire preparation activities. The blade profile has a large, gentle sweep along the belly to work well in food preparation and cleaning game animals. The handle geometry is optimized to be comfortable and secure in a saber, modified saber, reverse, and choked up grip. The butt of the handle is rounded to allow for a comfortable area to strike with the palm of your hand when stabbing or creating split wood fires. The size and contours of the handle should allow a loose, yet powerful, grip with no sharp corners or hot spots to reduce hand fatigue over extended periods of heavy use. This blade has a 9″ overall length and 4 1/8″ blade length.
$225 is the base price for for a Woodlore with simple pins, a 1/4″ lanyard tube, and bead blasted canvas micarta handles. Upgrades are available at the costs listed.
- Tapered Tang $75
- Handle Material Upgrade $25+, depending on the cost of the materials
- Bolster $25
- Loveless/Corby Bolts $5 each
- Mosaic Pins $10 each
- Mosaic Lanyard Tube $20
- Thin Liners $10 each
- 1/8″ Thick Liners $15 each
- Kydex Sheath with Hardware $25
- Custom Fit Leather Sheath $50
- Tooling on Leather Sheath $30
- Removable Dangler Loop with Removable D-Ring on Leather Sheath $20
- Double Row Stitching on Leather Sheath $25